Menopause occurs mid-life for a woman and it is a time of transition and a normal part of aging. Menopause is full of transitions--physical, emotional and spiritual and when aided, can be experienced with minimal disruption.
In western medicine, treatments for menopause can be potentially dangerous such as using hormone therapy and anti-depressants, but there are many lifestyle changes including diet, exercise and natural supplements that work better without the risks of other harmful diseases and disruptive side effects.
One of the most effective treatments found in nature is raw honey. When it is infused with other botanicals, it can ease the most severe symptoms and return us to our true nature.
Why raw infused honey
Honeybees are nature's pollinators. They travel from flower to flower basking in the sun and distributing pollen. As they pollinate, they emit healing frequencies into the universe that helps its on colony survive and can promote soulful and emotional restoration.
Energy travels from one organism to another and when we consume the honey that bees make, we can tune our own frequencies to align with nature and balance our biological functions including our hormones, digestion, sleep, organ functioning, bone health and more.
Honey in its raw state is a living food that is alive with enzymes, bacterial cultures, antioxidants, prebiotics, vitamins, and minerals. When it is combined with other botanicals, it takes on and amplifies the medicinal benefits of the plants.
When honey is heated, processed, filtrated or treated with solvents and/or additives, it looses its raw state and becomes denaturated. The healing enzymes, probiotics, minerals, vitamins, and antibacterial compounds are lost and it has little to no benefits when it comes to our health.
What bees eat matters
Raw infused honey is only as good as what the bees consume and the quality (and homeopathic combination) of the botanicals that are infused in it. Typically today, honeybees are fed with sugar, glucose syrups, and high fructose syrups which can help them build their hive population faster. In some instances, they're also being treated with antibiotics to protect them from pests that are attracted to the honey and can harm the hive. All of these practices depreciate honey which is why sustainably raised honey is that much more valuable.
5 homeopathic benefits of raw infused honey in menopause
Because menopause is a major transformational period in a woman's life, raw honey can provide many benefits to help things along. The most substantial include the following:
- Digestion + Bloating: Raw honey helps to reduce menopausal bloating due to its wide variety of enzymes, probiotics and prebiotics.
- Energy + Hormone Regulation + Sleep: Raw honey's vitamins, minerals and antioxidants support energy production which in turn reduces stress and fatigue, insomnia. Raw honey also promotes the production of melatonin, its fructose and glucose allows tryptophan to be absorbed by the brain and produces niacin and then serotonin, which in turn produces melatonin which improves sleep. Since hormones fluctuate the most during sleep, all of this reduces the severity and frequency of hot flashes.
- Modulates Mood + Stress: The flavonoids (quercetin, luteolin, kaempferol, apigenin, and chrysin) and phenolic acids in raw honey can decrease stress and irritability.
- Boosts Brain Activity: Raw honey's antioxidants and nootropics can reduce brain fog and difficulty concentrating.
- Manages Weight: Raw honey helps to control appetite and boost metabolic rates.
Honey in its raw and natural state is a sacred food and has been used in healing since ancient times. A spoonful of raw infused honey 2-3 times a day can significantly reduce menopausal symptoms as well as a source of spiritual nourishment. And remember, the quality of the honey and the care given to bees for their sustenance and survival matters most.
Be one with the honeybee ❤️.